Friday, November 12, 2010

GEORGE SAID "MAYBE GEORGE SHOULD WRITE A BLOG POST"

So, yeah, I really like this chair. It's a good chair. Suitably comfortable. Problematically, though, my charger cord is just barely not long enough for me to sit and type and charge, so now I am at an odd angle. I guess when I get up to like 70% I'll let it stop, but that could be like a damn hour. I hate waiting.

Scooter has successfully gotten me to listen to Christmas music, but it's just this, which barely counts. Okay, it counts, but it counts much better than Frosty the Hellbound Snowman, so I don't care. It's really just listening to Sufjan Stevens, and I'm always looking for an excuse to do that. A few friends of mine just got to go see him, and apparently his new CD is great? But I haven't heard it. I had a chance to when NPR was hosting it for a little while before it was released, but I kept putting it off because I'm lazy. Anyway, yeah, such songs as "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" and "Come On! Let's Boogie to the Elf Dance." I have a huge soft spot for this guy. He makes sounds that make my brain melt like a wicked witch on a rainy day.

I think I have decided pretty much for sure that I am going to change around my entire schedule (okay, not the "entire" schedule, but 8 of 17 credits, which is a LARGE CHUNK) and be a math major. Only the thing is, I don't want to declare a major. I'm afraid of commitment. That seems pretty reasonable to me! But then, of course it would. I really should email the math department guy and see if he can get me declared properly and work from there, I'm just afraid they're going to tell me I need to be feeling more definite than I am, and... And argh. That's all. My new schedule will be 3 math classes, ballet, and an intro to teaching class, just to see if I can see myself as an actual teacher. Now I just have to figure out WHEN I will take these classes. Why why WHY couldn't I have decided on this BEFORE registering for classes? Oh, right, that might have made my life easy, and we all know how much trouble I have doing that. Ugh.

I absolutely hate clicking "submit" buttons. They are basically the absolute most stress-inducing thing in my life. I like to think that they are the most stress-inducing thing in other people's lives too, but I know that's mostly just wishful thinking. Stress comes in many forms and from many directions, of course. But for me it is clicking "submit," because submitting changes is committing to those changes. Yes, that one mouse-click says, I am sure this is the correct draft of my paper. Yes, it confirms, I am sure I want to take these classes. I do want to buy this vibrator. Well, you know what, Submit Button? I'm never sure about drafts of papers! I'm never sure about classes! I'm never sure about vibrators! And I wish I did not have to click on you.

When I click "submit" on my Register, Add or Drop Classes page, I will be deciding once and for all that Biology and Chemistry are a waste of my time. I know I won't be able to change my mind and get back into those sections (I'm pretty sure they're both full at this moment, or thereabouts), so when I click "submit" and PatriotWeb processes the "web drop" request, I'll be surrendering my spot. And that will be that. Doors will close for me. On the other hand, doors will open, too. I will be taking classes that sound interesting to me, that will help me decide if this is a direction I really want to head in. I fucking hate doors.

Anyway, this will make my schedule for next semester really damn easy. 15 credits: ballet (3), hard math (3), medium-hard math (3), easy math (3), teaching (3). I'll spend about 16 hours a week in class instead of about 21 hours. I will still have one class on Fridays, but my earliest class every day will be 10:30. I will have a 4:30-7:10 class, but on Wednesdays I will be done at 2:30. It will be a good schedule, I do believe. Very very easy. And then sometime in the nearish future I will go and get my major changed and such. I did actually figure out where the Conflict Analysis people live, so it won't actually be impossible!

Right. Now, to pressure Kristina into sharing her blag with us. YES, THAT'S RIGHT, KATE, KRISTINA HAS A SECRET BLOG. SHE ADMITTED IT.

2 comments:

  1. George used Pressure. It was ineffective.

    Kristina used Flee. She got away safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, not again! Man, that always happens to me.

    ReplyDelete