Monday, November 15, 2010

BLOGGING FROM CLASS: I DO THIS A LOT

Oh, Monday, how I thought you were Tuesday... Seriously, I've been a bit confused all day. That is probably because I have never skipped Physics on a Monday before. That probably wasn't the best of ideas, but it's okay. I have a Physics test Friday, and so why bother filling up my head with things that won't be on the test? Right-o. That's pretty logical, obviously.

Anyway... I hate this class. For like three weeks, we've been sitting here "studying" statics, which is a waste of my damn life since I've already studied Physics. For you non-scientists, a static system is one in which nothing is moving. \sigma F_x = 0; \sigma F_y = 0; \sigma M_n = 0. \sigma means the sum of; F_x is the force in the X-direction; F_y is the force in the Y-direction; M_n is the moment, which I believe is the force times the distance (between the force and the point at which you're measuring the moment) although I'm a little fuzzy on that and honestly it's pretty easy to deal with static systems by looking at just the forces.

Today I spent a lot of time asleep, and then a lot of time deciding if I should knit a pair of colorful, adorable mittens. I like mittens, and by "like mittens" I mean "have never liked mittens, but would like to because then I could knit all the cutest mittens and it would be great." I think I will knit them, even if I have to buy $25 of yarn/needles for them because they're a bunch of colors.

I am using my laptop to keep myself from being absolutely freezing right now.

That was all from before 6:00! Now it is 10:00, and I am writing more blog post.

I gave blood today because I am obviously a good person who occasionally lies about whether or not they've had sex with dudes who've had sex with dudes (not Hunter, in case you were wondering). It's not my fault if it's a stupid rule that excludes people who've had PROTECTED sex with people who've had PROTECTED sex. Jesus Christ. Anyway, that was fun, although it hurt more than I remembered it hurting, which is too bad. It wasn't excruciating or anything, and I bleed pretty quickly (so it was only like 10 or maybe 15 minutes with the needle in my arm), and blah blah.

On the other hand, my head hurts and I'm a little bit sick to my stomach now. So that's too bad. It's irritating that I'm woozy EVEN THOUGH I did what they told me to and Hunter was even so sweet as to buy me a juice and wait for me. Even though it took about ten years longer than I thought it would. I thought since they told me to make a damn appointment for 8:15 I would actually give blood around 8:15? Instead, I sat and waited foreeever, until 9, and even after that it was a while before the phlebotomist started juicing me. (...what, isn't that what everyone calls it?)

Anyway, yeah, mittens! I'm excited for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment