Monday, November 8, 2010

FOR THE RECORD, I HATE WHEN I WHINE

Really, I do. On the other hand, I do it all the time. It's a thing that I do, as we all know. And so I just want to clarify that I didn't mean to whine last time. I just decided that I might as well use the blog to express things, since I think when I try to do that in real life I tend to be even whinier. I'm not sure if that's the case, but, you know, whatever. I'm always more articulate in print, even if it just winds up being articulate whining. Anyway, what I mean is, posting something here isn't intended to be passive-aggressive or guilt-trip-y or anything like that, it's just a way to express things that I would probably otherwise keep to myself.

On a sidenote: this post contains more evidence that Allie Brosh and I might be the same person? See: the squirrel note. And the entry a little while toward-the-present from here about the arbitrary conditions that allow her to "win." And the raptor hands. And... There are a lot of things. But, you know, whatever.

My sister's Government textbook refers to NARAL (the National Abortion Rights Action League) as a "pro-abortion group." Hm, I wonder if they might have a tiny amount of political bias? There is a huge difference between being pro-choice and being pro-abortion, just like there is a huge difference between being pro-life and anti-choice. However, there is not a huge difference between describing someone as "pro-abortion" and incriminating yourself as anti-choice.
No one (who makes the rules, anyway) thinks abortion is just a happy fun time thing that should be your first thought when you find out you're pregnant, but that doesn't mean the option shouldn't be on the table. I know that I would never counsel a friend to have an abortion (unless her health or, in some cases, financial stability/independence were at risk), but if she wanted me to go with her to the clinic, I would do it in a heartbeat, no questions asked. Abortion should be a traumatic experience for everyone involved--that fetus could have become your child--but that doesn't mean it should be stigmatized.

Oh, wait, I believe I'm preaching to the choir there. Whoopsie, sorry about that.

You remember my paper that I apologized for? The professor apparently graded it over the weekend and I got it back last night:

Excellent paper (1030) words, clearly presented, arranged, argued, efficient. A key point. My only disagreement is with your last sentence -- that HH relinquishes control over Lolita and her life only AFTER killing Quilty, I would argue that he relinquishes control BEFORE killing Quilty--when he returns to Ramsdale and puts all her affairs in order, in effect, writing himself out of her life. At that point he can move on to kill Quilty (and himself).
Certainly he knew that his ultimate fate was to lose her--loving a nymphet guarantees a short love
I enjoyed your paper very much. 100+

NO BULLSHIT. Evidence:











I am very glad that 1) loves me; and 2) has low standards.

I had a good time with my family over the weekend. My brother and I got my sister to eat sushi, even if she only had two pieces (one piece of a roll with tuna and panko and spice powder and half a piece of unagi) before she claimed that eating any more would make her literally throw up. She's kind of a pussy.

Now I have to do super-quick laundry and sign up for classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment