Tuesday, December 7, 2010

PRETEND THIS IS A BLOG POST, OKAY?

Last night, I successfully completed the work that I intended to complete. If I had started earlier, it would have been a lot less painful, and then today would be much less painful. Too bad I'm an idiot.

If only I had seen fit to actually write in my lab notebook throughout the semester, then I might not have been up until 5:30 last night copying everything I put into Excel into a stupid composition book. I still don't understand the point of them, since we turn in lab reports anyway and he wants all our lab report data to be fancy (definitely typed) Excel sheets and it's a waste of time and paper to make us get a special notebook just to write down things we're going to have to enter into Excel anyway. Anyway, if I were only a decent person when it comes to following directions, everything would be nicer. Too bad I'm an idiot.

Right now, Calculus is the only class I don't hate, which is a nice change from this time last semester, when, honestly, Calculus was probably the only class I did hate, except I guess Astronomy. Seriously, last semester's finals time was bad or whatever in terms of staying up late (Hi, Western Civs!), but it wasn't just constant torture like right now. I'm hoping that in the spring, my classes won't be too awful, but I think I would have to change them in order for that to be the case. I should probably be switching Linear Algebra to next fall and going with another real class instead, because three math classes sounds a TINY bit hellish, but at the same time, what would I take instead. If you guessed "NOTHING," you're on the right track.

Right, so, yeah. Last night wasn't so bad, but I also shouldn't say that until I've gotten through my Physics lab final, which is in an hour and a half.

But at least I got a ridiculous hat out of last night? So that's good.

Tonight is more homework times, this time MasteringPhysics online stuff, but I think I need to watch a couple MIT lectures on it before I'll be able to do it--or maybe the book will be actually helpful? Hard to say. Anyway, after MasteringPhysics, it's time to start my Python project that's due Saturday [again, too bad I'm an idiot], and I'll be working on that until I turn it in. After midnight Saturday night, I have a couple hours of pleasantness (I'll probably watch Star Wars?) and then bed, and then constant lecture-watching as a method of Physics studying, followed by a couple lectures on Calculus. MAYBE I can have a day off on Sunday, but I'll have to think carefully, because I really don't want to be as clueless on the Physics final as I was on my last test (53, after curve, woo). 

Notes for one sec, relevant to Kristina and FRLN class
If you had separate attachments that you sent in for the scholarly review thing, I downloaded that, so I have it, but I returned all your scholarly review to you; try to answer the questions that I gave last time.
What I said was, you don't need to rewrite your scholarly review, just add on. Pay attention to those questions; they're in the announcements and the course content.
Resubmit when you're ready.
Some people, who did great, I've given their grades, grades are in the gradebook. Otherwise, add to it, you can get a few more points, if you don't have time, don't worry about it. Grades out of 50.
Everything is due by the day of the final, so 12/14. The more that's in earlier, the better for me and for you, but whatever.

Anyway, so, yeah, life sucks from now until I go home, and then for about two weeks after that. Woo, finals.

2 comments:

  1. Hey guess what George? There were no fucks in that post! woot.

    Also good luck on Physics. I know it sucks balls but you'll do well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god one of us was paying attention and not watching the guy mess around with the computer ><. Thanks for posting this George! I wont have to bug you about it later now :D

    ReplyDelete