Thursday, December 23, 2010

I ACTUALLY REALLY HAVE TO GO TO BED

Because my mother is going to be up to run in about half an hour, and because I got maybe five hours of sleep last night, and because I'm going to have to be up earlyish (compared to a reasonable amount of sleep and/or my school sleeping habits), and because whatever I'm tired.

But I just wanted to say that I am having a much easier time adjusting to being at home than I thought I would have.

That is probably because all I've done is watch 2/3rds of a season of "Psych" and 5/6ths of a season of "Bones." I've knit most of a sock, though. That's something. And I've gotten my tension back to its pre-finals state. My knitting tension, I mean. I have physical evidence of my finals stress in that the mitten I knit at school is almost half an inch smaller around than the mitten I knit at home over Thanksgiving.

That's probably the same reason my dad got one sock, knit at school, that fit his foot and one sock, knit at home (watching "House," over the summer), that was at least an inch bigger (in all dimensions).

So, since I'm now knitting a second sock, I figured I should probably carefully de-stress before knitting a whole sock that wouldn't fit on my foot. I had to pay a lot of attention to how tightly I was knitting at first, but it's become a lot more natural.

I still need a damn backrub, though. But that's mostly my posture.

My grades are all in. I'm fairly pleased. Programming in particular--I wasn't lying on Facebook, I seriously thought that B was an impossibility. I guess I hadn't calculated for my "class participation" component? But a good, solid B... That I can get behind. Even if I can't program to save my life.

B- in Calculus is good enough,

And just so Scooter knows, today's Groupon could be $9 for a half dozen cupcakes from Lola Cookies and Treats, in Leesburg. (Or, $17 for a whole dozen. The half dozen's usually $18; the whole dozen's usually $35.) You buy the Groupon, save it for a while, print the coupon, take it to the place, redeem it. Everything's paid online unless you go over the value of the coupon, in which case you pay in person. Quite convenient, really.

Anyway. More like 20 minutes now. Bed for me. Night-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment