Monday, January 31, 2011

I DON'T REALLY WANT TO GET DRUNK

I just want to drink beer and play Bananagrams. This will happen. Hunter will buy me some beer. (Medium beer, not awful beer. Bottles, not cans. Never cans.) But who will play Bananagrams with me? Maybe also cards. Rummy or hearts. Strip poker. Not strip poker. I'm so bad at poker. Everyone will be clothed and I will be totally nude. It will just be awkward for everyone. Anyway, what I mean is games while drinking, not drinking games.

I've been thinking about this for like two weeks. I don't want to go to a party, I don't want to drink stupid mixed drinks or do shots, I just want to drink beer and play games with people I like. I just want to drink beer.

In other news, you know how I was going to give blood today? Well, my hemoglobin as 12.4. (And that's on the second pinprick--the first was 11.1.) They require it to be 12.5. I pointed out that she had only tried two of my fingers, and I have two more she could try--and another whole hand--but it doesn't work like that. So that's the story of why I didn't give blood and have two poofy bandaids on my fingers that make typing much more difficult.

In still other news, I really love my math classes. Like I told Twitter, they're magic! Seriously! Everything apparently comes down to solving a system of linear equations, and those you can solve using magic. I feel like I'm at fucking Hogwarts, I swear to god. It's useful to admit that you probably define both "everything" and "magic" differently than I am here, but it's still pretty cool. You'd think it was magic too, if you had taken enough math to fulfill the requirements for this class.

It makes me a little sad that it's not that you guys CAN'T do math, like it's not that you're too stupid or anything, it's just that you don't KNOW enough math to get excited about it the way I do. If everybody could get to the levels of math where they're seriously teaching you things that seem like magic, everybody would like math. There has to be a way to make it interesting earlier on. First it's obvious, then it's confusing, then it's hard, and then it's magic. (This is going from pre-algebra to where I am now, see--pre-algebra and algebra one are mostly boring, and then algebra two and precalc start to get confusing, calculus is hard, and then once you get past learning the theory of it all, they teach you these beautiful magical ways to do everything. And they also teach you some other things, but it's really all magic. All those things about which they say, "Well, it CAN be done, but we're not going to try in this class." It's really really cool, I swear. But nobody cares.)

Anyway, some other things have inconvenienced me today. I need yarn to make socks for my father, as I mentioned, and today is the day when I decided to buy it. So I do my whole thing, check out using Paypal, give myself a little thumbs-up, and forget all about it because it's class time (yes, I buy yarn in the time before the professor enters the room, it's not crazy, I'm a winner). Now, having been totally cheated out of giving blood (ffffffff), I'm waiting for my brother to get here, and I check my email. There are a couple confirmation emails, aaand an email from Paypal saying that they're douchebags who "limited" my account, "coincidentally" right after I tried to pay for yarn. They wanted me to change my password and security questions, and "confirm my location" by answering the landline phone at my billing address. This would be fine except that I am not at my billing address. I also can't confirm it with my cell phone, even though this is the phone number linked to my billing address.

Words that describe Paypal, in my opinion:
  • c is for cockbags
  • u is for undergarments (crusty ones)
  • n is for ne'er-do-wells (shut up) 
  • t is for tracheas (shut up again, I'm bad at this)
  • b is for bitches (I know that one!)
  • a is for anuses
  • g is for grandparents (YES I MEAN IT AS AN INSULT)
  • s is for stupid meanies
So, yeah, I hope you enjoyed my acrostic poem. It was pretty deep, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment